Joy Bauer is the nutrition and fitness expert from the Today show. She grew up a competitive gymnast who always loved sports. She studied anatomy and exercise in school and in fact was on a path towards being a doctor. She currently spends her time counseling people with medical issues when she is not on TV and writing books and producing exercise dvds.
During the show she gave us a behind the scenes peek into the Today Show Green Room – especially the healthy food options. Believe it or not it is kind of challenging to find healthy food if you are a guest – you might have to bring your own if you are ever invited on the show.
Here are 7 health, wellness and nutrition tips Joy shared with us on the show.
- You must get your head in the game
- Eat less and exercise more
- Define a long term goal that is your personal motivation
- Frequently remind yourself of your goal
- Get an olive oil mister for your kitchen
- Eat more unlimited foods like; kale, broccoli, spinach, mushrooms, bell peppers and other non-starchy vegetables
- Start meals with vegetables – in soups and salads
Joy has a great new exercise dvd out right now titled Joy Bauer’s SlimDown Workout. A Total Weight-Loss solution from the Today Show diet and nutrition expert. This features 2 twenty minute workouts plus more tips and recipes. To learn more please go to www.joybauer.com
Also please check out our new book 35 Things to Know to Raise Active Kids